CALL for the Doctoral Consortium Papers
The BIR 2015 Doctoral Consortium provides doctoral students an opportunity to present and discuss their research on topics of BIR 2015 under the guidance of a panel of experienced researchers. We invite doctoral students share their work with fellow students and senior researchers in the field by submitting an article of 8 pages by July 1st 2015.
This year there will be a special theme for papers in the doctoral consortium - linked data. We are also inviting other submissions traditionally related to the BIR topics.
Linked data allows capturing both models and data and thereby serves as a bridge in standardization of metamodels and application of business intelligence. In the context of business informatics and the linked data theme we are looking specifically papers, which define or refine metamodels in linked data formats, provide open datasets as linked data and use the provided linked data.
The Doctoral Consortium has the following objectives:
- Provide an open forum where students can present their work and meet other students
- Provide feedback on current research and guidance on future research directions
- Promote a spirit of collaborative research
- Paper submission:
July 1st 2015
- Notification of acceptance:
July 17th 2015
- Camera ready submission:
July 31st 2015
- Doctoral consortium date: August 26 2015
Doctoral Consortium submission should include:
- Clearly formulated research question,
- Identification of a significant problem in the field of research,
- Literature review of the problem domain and related solutions,
- Preliminary ideas of the proposed approach and the initial results,
- Describe the research methodology,
- Applicant's contribution to the problem domain, and its uniqueness.
Each submitted paper will be reviewed by at least two members of the Doctoral Consortium Programme Committee (to be defined). The main evaluation criteria are: originality, significance, technical soundness and presentation.
Submission and Publication
Doctoral Consortium papers of 8 pages in English, formatted according to the Springer Instructions for LNBIP authors, should be submitted via e-mail to Peep Küngas (peep dot kungas at ut dot ee) with subject "BIR 2015 DC Submission". Accepted Doctoral Consortium papers will be published in the CEUR proceedings, presented at the Doctoral Consortium track and as posters at the conference..
Doctoral Consortium chairs
- Peep Küngas, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Raimundas Matulevičius (Co-Chair), University of Tartu, Estonia
- Marlon Dumas (Co-Chair), University of Tartu, Estonia